LEARN TO MAKE HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE WITH MCT OIL WITH ME IN TWO MINUTES!
- 1 Large Egg (2 if you would like more protein)
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1 TSP Dijon Mustard
- 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup MCT Oil
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil (Can substitute with avocado oil)
- In a tall, narrow container or the blending cup that came with your immersion blender, add the egg, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt and Dijon mustard. Let them sit for a minute or two to reach room temperature.
- Then add the MCT Oil and Olive Oil.
- To blend it is VERY important to keep your immersion blend at the bottom. Start blending on low speed without moving the blender for about 20-30 seconds until the mixture begins to emulsify.
- The slowly begin to lift the blender up. Continue blending until you’ve reached the desired consistency.
- Transfer the homemade mayo to a jar or airtight container and refrigerate for at least an hour before using. This chilling time helps the flavours meld together and the mayo to set.
If you are looking to add more protein into your diet, consider adding an extra egg to this recipe! You do not have to add anything more and it turns out the exact same! I discovered this by accidentally adding two eggs when I got distracted by my daughters and it worked wonderfully!
- Cook Time: 2
Keywords: Homemade Mayo