If you are a beginner knitter this project is a great one for you try! It is simple and quick to knit baby washcloths. It only takes 3 steps! Plus they make the perfect handmade gifts for new moms! Read below to learn how to knit your own baby washcloths.
Perfect knitting project for beginners
If you are a beginner knitter this project is the perfect starter project. You are only using one stitch and knitting only 23 rows!
THIS PAGE CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS I MAKE A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU. SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE HERE
What type of yarn do you use?
Cotton yarn is best for knitting washcloths because it is easy to machine wash and it is gentle on the skin. I would recommend THIS YARN for this project.
What you will need:
- Size 7 needles. I personally like working with bamboo needles. They are smooth and easy to use. THIS is the set I use.
- 1 Ball of Cotton Yarn. I Really like THIS ONE! It comes in so many different colours and is affordable!
How to knit baby washcloths in 3 steps!
- Cast on 25 stitches. This video is really helpful if you are a beginner: How To Cast On
- Knit 23 rows.
- Cast off! This video is helpful for casting off: How To Cast Off
What can you use these baby washcloths for?
I use mine:
- In the bathtub. They are gentle on their skin
- To clean up after meals vs. using paper towel.
- For diaper changes to dry after using a wipe, before applying diaper cream. I learned this tip and it helps the cream stay better.
- As gifts for new moms.
TIP: Make them in a variety of different colours for the different purposes. I like darker colours for cleaning up after meals. That way they don’t look gross after using them.
Pin this post for later