Banana bread is one of my favourite treats! In this post you will learn how to make soaked banana bread using buckwheat flour (Gluten Free!).
- 2 Cups of Buckwheat Flour – Freshly Ground is best! This is my grain mill and I love it!
- 3/4 Cups Gluten Free Oats Ground into Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups of Grass Fed Yoghurt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Large Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 Cup of Sugar – We use the organic cane sugar from Costco
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup of Melted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon of Sea Salt
- Mill your buckwheat and oats until they are a fine flour.
- Mix the flour with the yoghurt well and leave the mixture soaking for 12-24 hours covered at room temperature. I cover mine with a bowl cover like THIS.
- Mash the bananas and mix with the eggs.
- Take the flour mixture and mix all of the ingredients together.
- Preheat the oven for 350F.
- Pour into 2 loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour. Keep checking on it until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 24 hours
- Cook Time: 1 hour
Keywords: Soaked Banana Bread