In our home we try to not let anything go to waste! Today I will be sharing with you my favourite way to use up orange peels: DIY orange peel vinegar surface cleaner.
How to use Orange peel vinegar surface cleaner
Here are my top 3 ways I use this surface cleaner:
- I use it when I want the room to smell fresh! After cooking I like to wipe down the counter tops with it because it smells really good! It helps a lot when cooking more stinky things like onions, liver or seafood!
- In the bathroom to wipe down the sinks and mirrors! Vinegar is great for cleaning mirrors!
- I’ll pour a little down the kitchen sink about once a week (when I remember) so it doesn’t get smelly.
THIS PAGE CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS I MAKE A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU. SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE HERE
How Long Does This Cleaner Last?
I have never had this cleaner go bad before and from reading online it won’t! If you use it daily/weekly this is honestly something that you will not have to worry about because you will always be starting a new batch!
What you Will need
You will need:
- A glass container ~ Mason jars work great!
- White Vinegar
- Orange Peels ~ The more orange peels the more citrus it will smell
How to Make orange peel vinegar surface cleaner
- First collect your orange peels. You will need at least 1/2 Cup or about 2 naval oranges worth of peels. You can store them in the freezer until you have enough.
- Place the orange peels in your glass container.
- Fill the container to the top with vinegar.
- Let it sit for at least a week before using!
- I use this cleaner so much so I usually have a couple of containers full so that I will never run out! You can always place this solution into a glass spray bottle LIKE THIS to make it easier for cleaning!
Check out these cleaning posts on the blog
Print this for laterPrint
Pin this for later