This simple DIY pom pom wreath is the perfect Valentines Day decoration that will last year after year! For this DIY all you will need is a wire wreath frame, a cue card and yarn!
Each year I slowly grow my collection of decorations for each holiday. For this Valentines Day I wanted to make a decoration that had a big impact with a little budget and it would last for years to come! This is when I decided to make a wreath to hang in our main room! Since our house is open concept decorating the wall makes it feel like the whole space is festive! I hope you enjoy making your pom pom wreath as much as I did!! Happy Valentines Day xo
THIS PAGE CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, WHICH MEANS I MAKE A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU. SEE MY FULL DISCLOSURE HERE
How many pom poms do you need for a wreath?
For my 12 inch wreath I made 32 pom poms. 24 pom poms for my main colour and 8 pom poms for accent colours.
How much does it cost to make?
This was a very affordable craft! To make this wreath I needed to buy the wire wreath frame which was $6 and 3 balls of yarn which were $4 each so in total it costed me: $18 and I still have lots of yarn left! If I only used one colour it would have costed me $10. Note this is all in Canadian!
How long does it take to make?
After trying and failing at different methods of making pom poms, I finally found the easiest and quickest method which took only 2 min to make each pom pom. So this craft took me just over an hour to make.
What do I need
- 12 inch Wire Wreath Frame
- Yarn ~ I like this brand because it comes in so many different colours and is affordable! But make sure to keep an eye out at your local craft store because there are always sales on yarn!
- Cue Card
How to make a pom pom wreath
If you would like to make the wreath exactly like mine you are going to need to make 24 pom poms of the main colour and 8 pom poms for accent colours (4 of each). To make the pom poms:
- Take one ball of yarn and begin wrapping it around your cue card. You will want to wrap it about 30-40x depending on how fluffy you want your pom poms.
- Once done cut the string and slowly slide off the cue card.
- Cut a piece of string ~enough to tie around your pom pom.
- Tie this string tightly around the centre of the pom pom.
- Tie a knot.
- Cut both edges of the pom pom.
- Fluff the pom pom and then tie to your wreath.