For an easy meal this summer try my gluten free chicken salad recipe with grapes!
Quick and Easy Summer Meal
Looking for a simple and satisfying meal option for your summer adventures? The chicken salad recipe will tick all the boxes! Not only is it simple and satisfying, but it is also gluten free! This recipe is perfect for road trips and picnics with the family and with the creamy dressing all ages love it! My 3 and 1 year olds eat it right up! I hope you and your family will fall in love with this recipe this summer!
How long can I let gluten free chicken salad sit out at room temperature?
It’s important to handle and store food properly to ensure food safety, especially when it comes to perishable items like chicken salad. The general guideline is to avoid leaving any perishable food, including gluten-free chicken salad, at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Bacteria can grow rapidly within the temperature danger zone, which is between 40°F (4°C) and 140°F (60°C). Leaving chicken salad at room temperature for an extended period increases the risk of bacterial growth and potential food borne illnesses.
To maintain the freshness and safety of your gluten-free chicken salad, it’s recommended to refrigerate it promptly. If you’re serving the chicken salad at a gathering or event where it will be out for more than 2 hours, it’s best to keep it chilled by placing the serving bowl or container on a bed of ice or using a chilled serving platter.
Remember, when in doubt, it’s always better to prioritize food safety and refrigerate the chicken salad rather than risk potential health hazards.
Also make sure to store it in an airtight container to keep it fresher longer.
But please check with your countries food regulatory body for the must up to date information.
Make With Me My Favourite Gluten Free Chicken Salad (With Grapes!)
Tools You Will Need
2 Cutting Boards and a sharp knife. Use one cutting board for the chicken and use one cutting board for the rest!
- 2 cups of Leftover Chicken: This can be cubbed or shredded to your personal preference. Also you can use store bought rotisserie chicken, leftover chicken thighs, or my favourite using leftovers from my smoked chicken.
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion: I love using green onion in my supper cooking!
- 1/2 Cup Red Grapes: make sure you get juicy grapes! There is nothing worse than shrivelled grapes!
- 1/4 Red Onion: Red onion adds a lovely contrasting flavour to the smoother tastes.
- 3 Stalks of Crisp Celery: I could not imagine chicken salad without!
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce: If you are going to make a lettuce wrap I have found romaine to work best with this recipe.
- 1 Avocado: It needs to be a ripe avocado because it adds extra creaminess to the salad.
- 1/2 Cup My Homemade MCT Mayo: Unless its an absolute emergency I will always make my mayo homemade! It is just too simple to do and it tastes 100x better than store bought.
- 1 Tbsp Greek Yoghurt: By adding a little bit of greek yoghurt I find my sauce to be much more creamy than by using mayo alone.
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar:
- 1/2 Tsp Salt: I use sea salt!
- Black Pepper to Taste – In our family we added it to our individual portions because we have little ones who don’t like it spicy.
- Fresh Herbs to Taste
If you are Going to make it into a sandwich you will need your favourite gluten-free bread.
How To Make Gluten Free Chicken Salad
This chicken salad is super simple to make which is why I love to make it when we are in a rush to have dinner!
- Begin by shredding your chicken into smaller pieces. Some prefer it cubed. Then add to a bowl.
- Next chop the celery, red onions, and green onions thinly and add to the bowl.
- Slice the grapes in half and add.
- Now is time to add the sauce to make your chicken salad creamy! Add directly to the bowl yoghurt, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, and salt.
- Cube the avocado then gently fold in so that you do not smush them.
- Lastly season with fresh herbs and pepper.
- You can serve it as is, in romaine lettuce, or on your favourite gluten-free bread
Make sure you serve the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
How To Serve Your Gluten Free Chicken Salad
3 Different Ways To Serve:
- It is amazing to it as is: All you need to do is serve it in a bowl and it tastes amazing as a creamy salad.
- A great way to serve Lettuce Cups: For a light and refreshing twist, serve the gluten-free chicken salad in lettuce cups. Choose large, crisp lettuce leaves such as butter lettuce or romaine lettuce. Spoon a generous amount of the chicken salad onto each lettuce leaf, creating a beautiful and vibrant presentation. The crispness of the lettuce provides a satisfying crunch that complements the creamy chicken salad perfectly. This option is not only gluten-free but also low in carbs, making it an ideal choice for those following a keto or low-carb lifestyle. Enjoy the combination of flavours and textures as you bite into these delightful lettuce cups.
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches: My husband personally loves to eat my chicken salad as a sandwich. Grab your favourite gluten-free bread or rolls and spread a layer of the chicken salad on one slice. Top it with fresh lettuce, tomato slices, and any other desired sandwich fillings. Place another slice of bread on top and press gently to create a delicious gluten-free chicken salad sandwich. This option is perfect for those who prefer a heartier meal and enjoy the convenience of a handheld option. It’s a great choice for picnics, lunches, or even as a quick and easy dinner option.
Now, you’re all set to savour this gluten-free chicken salad with the burst of sweetness from grapes and the creamy dressing that ties everything together. It’s a delightful combination that guarantees a satisfying and hassle-free meal, perfect for the summer season. Enjoy!
Find More delicious gluten-free recipes from scratch:Print
Pin It For Later